Friday, August 5, 2011

Leaving, Take 2

Upon arriving at lovely DFW airport yesterday, I realized that my flight had been cancelled due to inclement weather from Tropical Storm Emily. A wiser person would have checked their flight status before arriving at DFW but, oh well, lesson learned. With absolutely no complications I was booked on pretty much the same flight a day later (today). And, because I learn from my mistakes, I checked the flight online before leaving for the airport and, good news, everything is on time! I’m learning to be flexible right from the beginning!
So, my venture to Haiti is starting one day late, but yesterday was not a complete loss. I was able to teach my roommate’s dog, Ziggy, how to roll over! Old dogs CAN learn new tricks!!
P.S. please continue to pray for Haiti and the rain they are getting/will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment