Monday, June 11, 2012

Internet, Cars, and Food...

...are so stinking fast in America! It's kind of awesome.

I arrived back in Dallas last night. I had dinner with friends and slept in a big comfy bed in a cool, air-conditioned house. I went for a run this morning that involved a lake and quiet cool air instead of dust and  car horns.

I forgot how easy things can be in the land o' plenty. I downloaded a You-Tube video in 23 seconds. I took a hot shower that had water pressure. I forget that houses have central A/C and every time the air turns off I think "oh, the generator stopped working."

I have broken about 3-4 different traffic laws because I think I am driving in Haiti. The roads are weirdly smooth.

I'm excited to be back. I miss Haiti and it's craziness but I think I am going to relish the sweet simplicity of predictable life here for a few weeks.

Just a few thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment