Thursday, April 19, 2012

Change: One little, One less-little

In the past week or so there have been two changes in my little world here. One small, one less-small (not BIG and crazy drastic). I’ll let you decide which is which.
One: This year I have been teaching 7th & 8th grade History, P.E. and a computer class. I have really enjoyed teaching middle school and enjoyed the students, but I missed having my own class and my own classroom. I was hoping to transition into elementary again at some point. 

Well, my wish came true! Our sixth grade teacher is moving to another part of Haiti (which is very sad because she and her family are fabulous people), but that means her job has opened up! I will be teaching 6th grade next year! 
I’m really excited to have my own class and classroom again. I have lots of fun ideas and have been browsing around Pinterest for fun teaching and organizational ideas. I’m excited to move over to the elementary side of campus and join the wonderful team over there. 
Two: I cut my hair! My hair wasn’t as long as it has ever been, but it had gotten pretty long. Unfortunately, it is approximately 12 jillion degrees here and it is just much too hot and humid for long hair. So, this weekend I got it cut off. Jill and I went to spend the weekend in the country at another teacher’s house. They live on a mission compound and a short term team was visiting for the week. One of the ladies on the team is a stylist in the states and she gave lots of haircuts to the blan (white people) in the area. 


So, you decide which is the big change and which is the not so big!

No comments:

Post a Comment