Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Blessed

I don’t know if you ever feel this way, but I am sitting at home, about to go to bed (don’t judge, bedtimes are early here!), and I just feel content. Things are great on every front. Teaching is going well. I feel prepared in all classes, ahead in a couple. I have a wonderful community around me here and another wonderful community praying for me back home. I have a fabulous family that I get to talk to often. I am blessed. In the past when I’ve had these contented, satisfied times in life, I’ve cheated myself out of enjoying them by, in essence, waiting for the other shoe to drop. I have had that feeling that says things are going well so they must be getting ready to take a bad turn, a real bad turn. Now, part of that feeling comes from the fact that, at some point, things will get worse. It’s just a fact. The weather will not hold sunny days with no rain from now until forevermore. And, if we’re honest, we don’t want that. If it did, the grass and trees wouldn’t grow, rivers would dry up and lakes would be no more. Eventually, it is going to rain. Fact.  Same with life. Things won’t be full and fun and happy forever and ever with no exception, that’s not the way life is. But, instead of cheating myself by constantly looking up and waiting for the storm cloud, I want to rest in these times; soak in these times. Lay my head down and feel the sunshine wash over me. Sure, rain is coming at some point in the future, but for now, I’m soaking in the rays.  Bondye Bon (God is good)

No comments:

Post a Comment