Sunday, August 12, 2012

2012-2013 School Year: Here We Go!


Welcome to the 2012-2013 school year! If decorating and setting up the classroom was the hardest part of the year I would be all set. Unfortunately, it isn’t, but at least my room is ready and it looks like learning can take place inside. Here is a little tour…

(The picture are a little out of order from how I wanted them but it took all day to upload due to horrid internet so I'm not risking even moving them around a little)
Classroom library. 

View from the front of the room. 

Place for book recommendations. "I liked this book, maybe you will too."

Math strategies. Two walls are all windows so those become bulletin boards.
View from the back of the room.

Birthday poster and class rules by the door.

My rendition of a classroom facebook. Kids will draw pictures of themselves the first day and I'll put that next to their "staus" box. We may have a prompt each week and they can change their status. The boxes are laminated construction paper so they can write on them with dry erase markers. 

Class jobs (Superhero theme) and the calendar (also the handy-dandy potable drinking water jug)

Writing wall. 



Weekly Objectives. i can write on the frames with dry-erase markers the objectives for each subject that week. 
My Jeopardy board. I didn't like the chalkboard so I turned it into another bulletin board. :)


I hope you enjoyed the tour. Tomorrow the kiddos will have their first day. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. Looking forward to a fabulous year in sixth grade.





1 comment: