Wednesday, December 14, 2011

10-Day Forecast

I measure the amount of anticipation I should feel for a trip by where my arrival date lands on the current day’s 10-day forecast.  Today is “Day 9” on the forecast and I am pumped! Before each trip I take I always mark the days on weather.com’s forecast. Not really to plan what to wear or pack, but more of a way to mark time. I am so excited to be returning back to Texas in a few days (10). Like I said before, I’m not excited because I don’t like it here…I love it here! A few of us were talking the other night about how much we are all going to miss each other over the short break. The community is so rich here that it will be missed during the vacation. But, despite that, I really am ready to go back, and not only to see family and friends I haven’t seen in a while, but also to just soak in some of the comforts I’ve missed: consistent internet & electricity, toilets that flush, a gas stove that isn’t determined to kill us, mice free sidewalks, and no blood-sucking vermin (mosquitoes). Oh simple pleasures….

No comments:

Post a Comment