Monday, October 3, 2011

Volleyball

Outside of little kid city league volleyball, I can count on one hand the number of times I have played volleyball. And now, here in Haiti I find myself part of coaching our school’s volleyball team! Thankfully, I am only assisting. There is a much more qualified individual here who is in charge of the actual coaching of the team. My role is more to help with the fitness and conditioning aspect (much more up my alley) and to be an extra set of hands and eyes. I never thought that this was something I would do. Despite growing up as a coach’s kid, I never saw myself as a coach, but I am really enjoying being a part of this team. We have had over 20 girls come out and bust their butts the last few weeks and tonight we are choosing the final members of the team! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment