Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Boy does this statement feel true right about now. I just counted the weeks: tomorrow will mark 17 weeks in Haiti….almost 4 full months. I’m in that weird feeling place where it feels like I arrived only yesterday, but I am also so comfortable here that I feel like I’ve lived here for years. A little counting forward also marks tomorrow as 3 weeks until I go back to Texas for Christmas break. I don’t know if it’s because it’s so close or if it’s that we are entering December tomorrow and I am wearing shorts and tank tops, but I am really excited to go home. In saying that, don’t hear that I am miserable and homesick. I’m happy here. Really, truly, happy. This is where God wants me to be, I know that without a doubt. He put a desire in my heart to come to Haiti and he met that desire and it feels me with joy being in the middle of his plan. But even in all of that, I am ready to go back for a bit.
I’m excited to see my family. I’m excited to eat all the yummy homemade treats. I’m excited to be cold!
There are a lot of things I’m looking forward to: fast food, running around white rock lake with my nose frozen from the cold, driving a car, preparing a salad and not use bleach at any point in the preparation, fireplaces, and more. But, what I am looking forward to most is seeing my family and friends. Sitting and laughing with people I love and haven’t had a chance to see in a while.
I am also looking forward to Starbucks, which I fully intent to get the minute I land in Miami. mmm, 3 weeks J

No comments:

Post a Comment